Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Happy Babies

A week ago today, my best friend gave birth to a little boy! As we were discussing feeding schedules and routines, I realized there were some important things I forgot to mention in my Squidoo lens on Postpartum Exhaustion. Last night, I updated the article, adding "Six Steps to a Sleeping Baby" and "Days and Nights Mixed Up?"

Please feel free to check it out and pass it on!



Here's an excerpt from my Squidoo page:

BABY WISE!

I realize the controversy surrounding this book, but having trained four babies on it, I just can't imagine life without Baby Wise!

The authors have a common-sense approach to training babies to sleep through the night, by establishing good patterns for feeding and sleeping. Anyone interested in getting a full night's sleep after baby comes, should definitely look into this!

After helping my friend establish a routine for her newborn, I was tickled when the Daddy commented, "Is that OUR baby? She's so...happy!"

2 comments:

  1. Baby Wise enabled me to experience a joyful, restful and delightful mothering experience.
    With this baby, number four, being the most happy contended child of all.
    I used the Baby Wise system for my fourth child who was sleeping through the night at six weeks. ≈
    My friend came over when it was nap time 1:00pm for my daughter. I simply took her into her baby bed in her bedroom, hugged her, gave her a blanket and a pat on the back. I was back in the living room for a planned adult visit with adult conversation. I say planned. After the training I received from the book I could count on a 1:00-3:00 nap most every day, without a fuss. I could count on my night schedule being equally predictable. Yes I had to use motherly wisdom. I would flex with a sick child. With much love, fun play times, outings and friends in to play and visit, life was much more delightful.
    I had three older children none of which used this schedule. With them I nursed on demand or semi-scheduled. They did not sleep through the night till 10 months and very sporatic with their naps. I was exhausted. I whole heartedly recommend the book. Most people don't believe it can be that simple. It does take consistency and self discipline for Mom on the front side, but joy and delight to follow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, PJ! It's not just about getting your baby to sleep through the night; but the harmony in the home, content babies, and confident mommies make this system sooooo wonderful! (Not to mention the delighted daddies!)

    Thom has frequently expressed his joy over the baby wise system and how it's so wonderful to come home to a happy home, instead of constantly fussy babies. He has referred so many people to Baby Wise that they need to start paying him royalties! =D

    I wish everyone with doubts could see my friend's baby before and after we got her on a schedule! They wouldn't believe it was the same child!

    ReplyDelete