Thursday, February 4, 2010

The Fruit of the Womb is His Reward!

My latest read was The Duggars: 20 and Counting! It was terrific! Besides being impossible to put down, the volume was also chocked full of the following:

*the Duggar family history
*financial advice
*child-training tips
*organizational skills
*family recipes
*delightful photographs
*favorite quotes and Scripture verses
*interviews with the children

...plus sundry other subjects that make one of America's largest families such a delight to believers and a curiosity to the whole world!

This past December, Michelle had an emergency C-section when baby Josie (#19) was only 25 weeks along! The Lord spared both of their lives and the entire family continues to be a testimony for Him in their TV series "19 Kids and Counting...".

Speaking of Baby 18, who was on the way when the book was written, Jim Bob and Michelle added,


"When we hold that baby in our arms for the first time and admire its unique face and tiny features, we know we'll be filled with the same sense of awe and thankfulness for God's amazing power and grace that has filled our hearts as we've welcomed each one of our children. Each and every child truly is a blessing from God."

9 comments:

  1. I got a Barnes and Noble gift card for my birthday and was wondering what I should purchase. Thanks for recommending this - I think I would like it, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you'll enjoy it! (I got mine with a B&N giftcard too) I just love watching their show when I can. I keep hoping Michelle's sweet spirit will rub off on me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beckie, I just added a 10% off link to Barnes and Nobles. I found that getting the book online was much cheaper than in-store. If you'll follow my link you can save an additional 10%.

    (Now I'm going to look for a free shipping link!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL - I finished this last night! Awesome book - gave me so many money saving ideas too for a large fam. Who know Tim and I could be there someday , besides the twins we are on a "duggar timetable" in having our kids.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jen, God could send you twins. ;)Praise God for families like yours! You are special to me!
    Sheri Claude

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm going to try Name/URL and see if it works this time. I don't like being "annonymous," but so far it's the only way I've been able to post a comment. THIS time the URL blank says "Optional." We shall see!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hooray! It worked! I hope the URL stays optional from now on.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete