Sunday, February 19, 2012

New Horizons (Part 1)

Tonight I'm sitting in the lobby of the Marriott hotel in San Antonio, TX and am frankly bewildered by the events that brought me here. Yes, I believe in miracles. Yes, God owns the cattle on a thousand hills. But how did I get here? Ever since I first heard about the SAICFF (San Antonio Independent Christian Film Festival) I have desired to attend. But I was too practical to let my hopes get elevated.

Thinking back on the events that brought me to this hour, I must conclude that I am here solely by the sovereign plan of God...

In September, as I finished writing our stage play for Greasy the Robber, I began to have an overwhelming desire to produce it as a film. True, I love stage plays. I'm comfortable with them. But they lack a certain realistic quality that films possess. Prayerfully considering this, I was shocked when my husband agreed that we should turn it into a movie. Scarcely daring to dream or pray, I knew how much I would be blessed by the Filmmakers' Academy and Film Festival in San Antonio. Fearing that my request was selfish, I did utter one prayer asking God to reveal His will to me-- but more importantly, to my husband.

Ten days later, I was contacted anonymously by someone who wanted to pay my registration to the Academy and Festival. I was shocked! It isn't that I didn't believe God could answer my prayer, but I didn't expect that He would.

Through an unusual series of events, not only am I sitting here in the lobby of this hotel, but my family is upstairs sleeping in a beautiful hotel room paid for by another precious family.

I know that I shouldn't be surprised when God performs according to His nature; blessing His children exceeding, abundantly, above all they could ask or think, but I am humbled and overwhelmed by His direction and grace. As I anticipate tomorrow's class, it is with an excited terror. I don't know what God has in store for our family, but we look forward to broadening our horizons this week, as we explore the art of Christian film making and seek His guidance for our place in it.

May He receive all the praise, and honor, and glory... 
for He alone is worthy!

4 comments:

  1. It was really nice to study your post. I collect some good points here. I would like to be appreciative you with the hard work you have made in skill this is great article.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please share more of the details of what God has done! Life is so busy, even some of your closest friends don't know the details of His workings in this matter. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please keep your friends and readers posted as you GREAZY THE ROBBER takes shape. We will be anxious to see the movie! Thank you also for your efforts in behalf of our friends the Witvoets.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Mary! What a blessing!

    I thought to "find you" today especially since we are preparing to move back there very soon. What a very special story and I am so glad you are covering your experiences at San Antonio.

    We have been praying about going to the Filmmakers' Academy and San Antonio Independent Film Festival for some time now. I am so glad that we get to get special insight from someone like you! :-)

    We look forward to seeing you all again soon. :-)

    Love,
    Franicia for the family

    ReplyDelete