Monday, January 25, 2010

Wisdom Without Kindness?

Today is my first day of blogging and I must confess that butterflies have taken control of my abdominal region. But who knows? This may turn out to be fun!


After much contemplation, I chose my blog's title from Proverbs 31:26 because that verse continually convicts me. Speaking of the Virtuous Woman, it declares, "She openeth her mouth with wisdom, and in her tongue is the law of kindness..."


This morning I got angry with my best friend over an issue that is very important to me. While I don't regret what I communicated to her, I do agonize over the way I said it. And, during the course of my young, impetuous life, I've learned (frequently) that it's possible to have wisdom, without kindness. On the other hand, so many today are worried constantly over being nice or politically correct, that they use absolutely NO common sense in their daily life. That's kindness, without wisdom.


It is my desire to use this blog as I strive for both. Will you join me?

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for this Mary! It's a valuable truth I could more consistantly apply to my own life. Thank God for His grace and His mercy in areas that we fail to bring Him glory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting Sarah!

    It is a very valuable lesson, I just wish it wasn't so painful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Mary - I'm looking forward to following your new blog! I think that verse is going on a sticky note on my computer at work. As many times as I've read Proverbs 31, the truth of that verse really didn't stand out to me like you described it here. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Becky! This verse has found its way onto my refrigerator so many times that it should be indelibly marked into my soul by now, but alas! every day is a new struggle!

    Thankfully our Lord is rich in mercy...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woohooo Mary!! :) So excited you are blogging. I look forward to reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Susan. Have to admit I'm still pretty nervous about the whole idea, but my husband "pushed" me into it, so I'll take that as a very clear sign from the Lord! =D

    ReplyDelete