Sunday, January 31, 2010

Is Kindness a Law?

Yesterday, I watched as Baby Charlotte tottered towards the patio. It's amazing how fast little ones grow up. Seems like yesterday we were visiting her mom in the hospital and seeing the tiny baby for the first time. Now she's almost running.


Unfortunately, the run didn't last long, and despite the gasp and mad dash on my part, the brave sixteen-month-old tripped, then did a nose dive onto the cement stepping-stones that my husband recently installed.


This is such a common occurance in childhood that we never pause to wonder about it. Things fall down. That's what they do. Nothing ever falls up!


We were all taught about the law of gravity. And regardless of how many times we test it, (some of us more than others)the law never changes, ever!


So the virtuous woman is to have "in her tongue the law of kindness". Not just on special occasions, or when there's company about, but constantly, consistently...like gravity.


Today, as we celebrate Joanna's 5th and Felicity's 3rd Birthday, I desire with all my heart to make it extraordinarily special. But how do I speak to them the rest of the year?


May the Lord teach me to bridle my tongue and equip it with the law of kindness!

No comments:

Post a Comment