Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

I realize this is a few days late, but I just had to share my Mother's Day with you all.

Honestly, the past two weeks have been so incredibly hectic, that I actually forgot about Mother's Day!  Rising early, as usual, for my Sunday morning shower, I then sat in the living room, obliviously reading, while waiting for the house to burst with life.

Soon, two pairs of feet could be heard running down the hall. Then, before I knew it, two little bodies were sailing through the air, two pairs of arms were wrapped around my neck, and two little voices sweetly wished me a "Happy Mother's Day!" A few minutes later, Daddy appeared with Brigitta, who squirmed out of his arms and ran to imitate her big sisters. What a wonderful way to start the day!!!

(Joanna, Felicity, and Brigitta)

After church, as I was preparing dinner, Thom took all three of the girls into the garage to sign my card. Not knowing where they were, I walked in on them to call them for dinner. Panicked, my beloved hid the card and quickly gathered the girls; but after dinner, he couldn't remember where he put it!

While he searched the house in frustration, I couldn't help but smile. You see, with three little ones at my elbows all day long, I am always so distracted and absent-minded-- I'm constantly losing and forgetting things!. So, his little episode made me laugh! I can't think of a better Mother's Day present, than to see Daddy having a "Mommy-moment."

Eventually he found the card and it was beautiful, but knowing the love that went into finding it, made it even more special. You know, being a mom is hard work. Anyone who says differently is selling something. But it's the most rewarding job on the planet. And it definitely has it's perks. =)

"It takes a mouthful of kindness, an armful of hugs;
A barrelful of fun and games: to keep away the bugs.
A pinch of understanding, completes the recipe,
And you mix it all together for a happy family."

(Ron Hamilton: Recipe for a Happy Family)

2 comments: