Sunday, December 5, 2010

My favorite (new) Christmas Tradition

This time of year, I really look forward to all the photo cards that pop out of my mailbox. Of course, I like anything that pops out of the mailbox, as long as it isn't a bill, but those photo cards just take the cake! It's wonderful to post them on the wall and remember special friends and family throughout the holidays. (Or longer, since I always procrastinate about taking them down.)

It's also wonderful to send a picture of our family to those we love as a way of remembrance during this season. At first, I would go to Walmart and create our photo cards in the kiosk, but I soon discovered that doing them online was way superior. No standing in line waiting. No hungry children climbing all over the cart, begging to go home, while you wait for the person behind the counter to get off the phone and refill the ink. You can take your time and pick the right card, edit your photos, and add text to them-- from the comfort of your computer.

With over 800 styles from which to choose, Shutterfly is definitely my favorite site for photo cards. But they also make terrific photo calendars, in various sizes. That is always a great gift for family members. You can add photos, include birth dates, and add captions to each month.

The problem is: It's really hard to choose the perfect card. There's just too many! We're running a little late on our pictures this year, but I think I found the perfect card at Shutterfly. Not only can I put a picture of each girl on the front, but there's a place inside for a picture of the whole family.

"Every good gift is from above" and we have so much to be thankful for...

1 comment: